“Senate Republicans and Donald Trump are at it again — plotting behind closed doors to strip healthcare from millions of Americans. The Graham-Cassidy-Heller plan would end Medicaid expansion and cut traditional Medicaid, breaking their promises to the American people. If Republicans are hellbent on moving this disastrous plan forward, the American people will hold them accountable,” said American Bridge spokesperson Joshua Karp
By Peter Sullivan – 09/06/17
- Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Wednesday that he supports a newer version of an ObamaCare repeal-and-replace bill, throwing some support behind the last-ditch effort.
- Asked if he thinks the bill has legs before Sept. 30, McCain said, “I do.”
- “I think he’s getting a number of governors who are supportive of his approach to weigh in,” McCain said of Graham.
By Rachel Roubein – 09/06/17
- White House adviser Kellyanne Conway said Wednesday that President Trump would sign an ObamaCare repeal plan from GOP Sens. Bill Cassidy (La.) and Lindsey Graham (S.C.) if Congress passed it.
- Sen. Dean Heller (Nev.), one of the most vulnerable Senate Republicans up for reelection in 2018, has also signed onto the plan.
- Cassidy and Graham have … attended meetings on their plan at the White House after the “skinny” repeal bill failed on the Senate floor.
By Burgess Everett and Josh Dawsey – 09/05/17
- “President Donald Trump and some Senate Republicans are refusing to give up on Obamacare repeal.”
- “The president and White House staff have continued to work with Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Bill Cassidy of Louisiana over the summer on their proposal to block grant federal health care funding to the states.”
- “He wants to do it, the president does. He loves the block grants. But we’ve got to have political support outside Washington,” Graham said in an interview.