Today, Scott Walker will give the final State of the State address of his second term. He will undoubtedly throw some numbers around to try and convince Wisconsin voters that he deserves another term as their governor. But after 8 years in office, there are some numbers about Wisconsin that Walker would rather you ignore today.
- 42 – In 2017, U.S. News Ranked Wisconsin 42nd in Economic Growth in 2017
- 47 – Wisconsin ranked 47th in economic growth of the state’s young population.
- 25 – Out of the 25 largest states in the country, Wisconsin ranked last in startup activity in 2017.
- 49 – Wisconsin’s roads ranked 49th in 2017, the state ranking 37th in total infrastructure.
- 45 – Pew ranked Wisconsin 45th highest in income inequality in 2014.
American Bridge spokesperson Lizzy Price made the following statement:
“As Scott Walker pathetically attempts to tout his failed record, he won’t tell you that Wisconsin is trailing in economic growth and income inequality. Walker has failed Wisconsin just like he failed at running for President – there’s no evidence his record will suddenly change if he’s elected again.”