At tonight’s CNN town hall, Ted Cruz veered from his attack on Donald Trump to run through his own extreme views on women’s healthcare. The reality is that Ted Cruz, with the backing of the man who brought the GOP mandatory transvaginal ultrasounds, is one of the most extreme anti-choice Republicans in the field.
Take a look at how Cruz has been a proponent of the GOP’s War on Women:
- Cruz supports a personhood amendment that could ban abortions, even in cases of rape or incest, and potentially go so far as to ban common forms of birth control.
- Cruz adamantly opposed the Affordable Care Act’s contraceptive mandate, claiming it constituted the government “using brute force to force people to pay for abortion-inducing drugs of others.”
- Cruz similarly celebrated the Hobby Lobby decision because he said it prevented the government from forcing employers to provide their workers with contraceptive coverage. In other words: because it would have ensured that employees had access to contraceptives.
- Cruz described the Center for Medical Progress’s misleading Planned Parenthood videos as“[showing] the face of evil” and appearing to “demonstrate an ongoing pattern of criminal conduct.”
- Cruz claimed the CMP videos showed “senior Planned Parenthood officials callously, heartlessly laughing and sipping wine while they barter and sell the body parts of unborn children.”