According to a new story from Jezebel, Michigan GOP Secretary of State candidate Kristina Karamo has a lot of “deeply antiquated beliefs about how women should behave” that show she is out-of-touch and unfit to administer elections across the state.
Most notably in her “Solid Food” podcast, Karamo argues:
“You see so many women brokenhearted. You see so many kids dysfunctional because daddy over here, mama over there. We know it’s true because of sexual immorality. It’s because men and women no longer honor God. They honor their crotches, people honor their crotch, their crotch is their God, they just let it leave them wherever it goes.”
Not only does Karamo baselessly promote Trump’s “Big Lie,” but she regularly spews anti-sex, anti-women, and anti-choice nonsense — on one occasion claiming that anyone who supports reproductive rights “must worship Satan,” while on another arguing that women should stay home rather than work.
Karamo’s delusional and conspiratorial rhetoric is dangerous, but so is her absolute loyalty to Donald Trump. She cannot be trusted to run Michigan’s elections.
By: Caitlin Cruz | January 25, 2022
- Karamo: “There was a reason why society was balanced in a way that it was. God created things a certain way. It wasn’t to subjugate women. It was to protect us. Now you see so many women raising children alone. You see so many women brokenhearted. You see so many kids dysfunctional because daddy over here, mama over there. We know it’s true because of sexual immorality. It’s because men and women no longer honor God. They honor their crotches, people honor their crotch, their crotch is their God, they just let it leave them wherever it goes.”
- “Endorsed and hand-selected by former president Donald Trump, Kristina Karamo is a Republican candidate gunning for Michigan’s Secretary of State, and she’s got a lot of fucked up beliefs. If Karamo were to win her first state-wide position, she would be responsible for administering the state’s elections as she promotes the baseless lie that Trump won the 2016 election.”
- “Karamo’s podcast, oddly named ‘Solid Food,’ covers Christian theology, pop culture and politics. In a February 2021 episode titled ‘Ya’ll [sic] and The Silhouette,’ Karamo really dove into her anti-sex rhetoric and deeply antiquated beliefs about how women should behave.”
- “It should deeply worry you that such a quack is endorsed by the former president for the job of Secretary of State in a purple state that helps to decide national elections. The job is to administer elections across the state (as opposed to its federal counterpart), keeping the voting process that powers democracy flowing.”
- “But to return to Michigan, Karamo is no stranger to the election process. In fact, while stories of ballot counters being accosted and ridiculed at the TCF Center in Detroit in the days following the 2020 election, Karamo was there. According to MLive, Karamo said she ‘witnessed irregularities in the processing of absentee ballots.’ Her subsequent appearances on ultra-conservative media outlets about the experience probably got her on Trump’s radar.”
- “It’s terrifying that this woman who seems to fervently not believe in the outcome of elections could be administering elections, while believing that sex before marriage between a man and a woman (no homosexuals exist!) ‘upsets the balance of society.’”
- “Elsewhere in this episode, Karamo— a self-proclaimed Christian Apologist—also lets it be known that women should not work. “When you’re a woman and you’re working eight, nine hours a day, do you really feel like coming home, cooking dinner from scratch? And the women who do die young from heart attacks because they’re overworked and overwhelmed.”
- “Karamo also suggests that those who support abortion must worship Satan and intimates that accepting trans people will lead society to ‘keep going and going to the point we get all off the scales into pedophilia. But, frankly, the weirdest flex of this podcast is her attempt to update the tired virginity is a flower’ metaphor to a McDonald’s hamburger versus a gourmet burger.”
Read the full story here.