Kelly Ayotte is launching her reelection campaign as one of the most vulnerable Republicans in the country. Granite Staters don’t trust Ayotte to put them first ahead of the special interests bankrolling her campaign, and it’s easy to see why after five years in D.C.
Ayotte’s resume reads like a who’s who of out-of-touch Republican positions:
- Ayotte supports raising the retirement age and cutting Social Security benefits.
- Ayotte voted to roll back Wall Street reforms, while her largest donors are Wall Street execs.
- Ayotte opposes equal pay measures and voted against the Paycheck Fairness Act.
- Ayotte voted to voucherize Medicare in the Ryan Budget.
- Ayotte is anti-choice and would overturn Roe v. Wade.
- Ayotte voted to defund Planned Parenthood.
- Ayotte would allow employers to make health care decisions for female employees by supporting the Blunt Amendment and Hobby Lobby decision.
- Ayotte opposes marriage equality and same-sex adoption.
- Ayotte voted against allowing people to refinance their college loan debt.
It’s no wonder that Republicans are already vowing to shatter previous New Hampshire spending and groups like Karl Rove’s are jumping into the race to prop up Kelly Ayotte. Special interests are doing everything they can to keep Ayotte in D.C. because she’s a rubber stamp for their priorities.Read more after the jump.