Does Wagner agree with homophobic, misogynistic teachings of his supporter?
Yesterday, Harrisburg insider Scott Wagner campaigned with the leader of a fringe cult who wears “crowns of bullets,” teaches that women should practice “full obedience” to their husbands at the threat of “doom and death,” says “women’s defiance is more frightening than Lucifer,” and has been labeled an “anti-LGBT cult leader” by the Southern Poverty Law Center.
Hyung Jin Sean Moon, who gave the invocation at a Wagner event yesterday in Pike County, is the leader of the “Sanctuary Church.” The cult is perhaps best known for conducting mass weddings where couples hit each other with sticks and attendees carry AR-15 rifles. Its founder was also jailed for tax evasion and accused of anti-semitism.
“Scott Wagner is propping up an extremist cult leader who wears crowns of bullets and orders women to obey their husbands or face death,” said American Bridge spokesperson Zach Hudson. “If there was ever any doubt about who Wagner stands with and how wrong his vision is for Pennsylvania, they were erased by this event. There is no excuse for Wagner’s behavior.”
Some of the cult’s teachings include:
- The Church Seeks To Establish A ‘Kingdom of God,’ Named Cheon Il Guk, As A Sovereign Nation. [The Constitution of the United States of Cheon Il Guk, Rod Of Iron Ministries,7/9/18]
- Principle I Of The Church’s Constitution Promotes The Division Of The Sexes, ‘Where Man is The Subject Partner And Women Is The Object Partner.’ [The Constitution of the United States of Cheon Il Guk, Rod Of Iron Ministries,7/9/18]
- The Constitution Promotes Abstinence Before Marriage As The ‘Ideal Condition’ And Forbids Laws ‘Giving Aid To Alternative Lifestyles.’ ’ [The Constitution of the United States of Cheon Il Guk, Rod Of Iron Ministries,7/9/18]
- The Sanctuary Church’s Founder Taught Taught That Women’s Defiance Is ‘More Frightening Than Lucifer,’ Orders Women To Obey Or Face ‘Doom And Death.’ [Sanctuary-Pa.org, Accessed 7/9/18]
- The Sanctuary Church’s Founder Taught That Women Must Have ‘Absolute Obedience’ And That If A Woman ‘Does Not Fulfil Her Responsibility, There Are Plenty Of Candidates.’ October 15, 1999; Uruguay The Providence through the Blessing Vol. 312, p. 177” [Sanctuary-Pa.org, Accessed 7/9/18]
- [Video] Reverend Sean Moon Argued That The Left Feared Gene Death By “Alpha Males & Females.” [The Kings Report, 4/10/18]