A new report from Axios highlights that 2022 Republican U.S. Senate candidates are pocketing casino magnate Steve Wynn’s campaign contributions, despite Wynn’s“pattern of sexual misconduct,” including alleged sexual harassment and assaullt, that saw Wynn resign as Wynn Resorts CEO in 2018.
2022 GOP candidates who have accepted Steve Wynn’s contributions include:
- Arizona’s Mark Brnovich
- Missouri’s Eric Schmitt
- Nevada’s Adam Laxalt, even though Laxalt previously returned Wynn contributions in 2018.
- Ohio’s Josh Mandel and Jane Timken, who is now keeping her Wynn money, despite returning Wynn contributions in 2018.
By Lachlan Markay, 10/21/22
- “Steve Wynn is re-engaging in midterm races this year, and Republicans who distanced themselves from the casino mogul after sexual misconduct allegations are now happy to take his money.”
- “Among the candidates he’s supporting this year are Ohio Senate hopefuls Jane Timken and Josh Mandel.”
- “Wynn also gave the maximum $5,800 to Adam Laxalt, a former Nevada attorney general running for Senate this year.”
- “After the Wall Street Journal revealed a litany of misconduct allegations against [Wynn] in 2018, Timken donated Wynn’s state party contributions to charity.”
- “Laxalt also gave Wynn’s prior contributions to him to charity in 2018. His campaign didn’t respond to requests for comment on accepting Wynn’s support this year.”
- “In addition to Timken, Mandel and Laxalt, Wynn’s donated to the Senate campaigns of Mark Brnovich in Arizona and Eric Schmitt in Missouri.”
Read the full report here.