The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel editorial board is today slamming Ron Johnson as “the senator for the ultra-wealthy,” following yesterday’s ProPublica reporting that Johnson fought to secure his biggest billionaire donors a multi-hundred-million-dollar giveaway as part of the 2017 GOP tax law.
By Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Editorial Board, 8/12/21
- “A blockbuster scoop by ProPublica on Wednesday makes crystal clear who Ron Johnson represents: He is the senator for the ultra-wealthy.”
- The exposé details how Wisconsin’s Republican senator ensured that his wealthiest donors made out like bandits…”
- “Johnson’s deal-making showered eye-popping benefits on his two biggest donors — Hendricks, who owns ABC Supply Co. in Beloit, and the Uihleins, Schlitz Brewing heirs who own the Uline packaging company in Pleasant Prairie.”
- “They got quite a return on their investment — Johnson proved to be the best senator money could buy.”
- “Johnson couldn’t be bothered to support a bipartisan infrastructure investment this week […] Johnson’s priorities are all wrong — and they’ve been all wrong for this entire term.”
- “It’s time to actually drain the swamp and fire Sen. Ron Johnson from public office.”
Read the full editorial here.