As we near the 100 days milestone, the Trump White House is clearly scrambling to come up with a list of accomplishments. However, the real legacy of President Trump’s first 100 days in office is his ineptitude when it comes to working with Congress, spending 1 in five minutes on taxpayer-funded vacations, and abandoning his campaign promises. No wonder Trump is breaking records for lowest approval of any president in modern history.
“The first 100 days of the Trump presidency have been a disaster,” said American Bridge Vice President Shripal Shah. “What’s most remarkable is that he took office with probably the lowest expectations of all time and still failed to meet them. What a loser.”
Here’s what you can expect to hear the White House boast about next week and why these “accomplishments” are really anything but:
1. Nominated Neil Gorsuch To The Supreme Court
- FACT CHECK: Republicans had to use the “nuclear option” and destroy nearly 200 years of Senate tradition to get it done.
- FACT CHECK: In just one executive order Trump reversed years of progress for women in the workplace on equal pay and sexual harassment.
3. Buy American, Hire American
- FACT CHECK: “Keystone XL Pipeline will not use US steel despite Trump’s vow”
4. Military Force
- FACT CHECK: Trump tweeted during his first military raid, lied about the location of an aircraft carrier, and is taking us up to the brink of war with North Korea.
5. Drain The Swamp
- FACT CHECK: Trump filled the White House with Wall Street executives and lobbyists and refuses to release the White House visitor logs so the American people know who he’s meeting with.